We are ENGAGED!

      On July 3rd, 2016, Blake proposed to me and it was the most perfect moment of my life. We were at my dad's marina, The Point, celebrating the 4th of July with food, fun, and friends. It was not like any other day because Blake had sprung out of bed with an exciting aurora about him. I got up right after him and decided that I should probably get ready and start helping my Dad and Judy get everything ready for lunch at The Point. Once we got down there, I noticed that Blake was content and keeping to himself and after asking him if everything was okay a million times, I realized that it was not out of the ordinary for him to be sitting back and staying to himself. 
         Then, right when I was getting ready to ask him if he was getting ready to go home, my sister showed up. So then I decided not to say anything about going home and instead spend time with my sister and my nieces since I had been missing them. I remember sitting there with Blake, Beth, Chloe, and Macey, when Blake said something about taking pictures. I thought it was unusual that he WANTED to take pictures, but I did not think anything of it. So I gathered up my sister and we all three went outside where the majority of everyone was sitting and started to take pictures. Once I thought we were done, I noticed Blake take a deep breath and pull his shorts legs up and then he said," wait, I'm not done." I immediately started to kind of freak out because I thought that he might propose so I started walking away and asking if he wanted to take pictures somewhere else.
          Because I AM a female, once I got the idea that he might propose, I started looking for the best place for proposal pictures. Then I noticed my sister had disappeared and I figured she was going to get my Dad and Judy. I also noticed that Blake looked like he was going to faint because he looked so pale.  Once my Dad and Judy came outside, Blake said that he wanted to go back to where we had been taking pictures to begin with. Once we got back there, I tried to distract by asking if we could take one more picture. We took the picture and then Blake took my hand and said, " so you know I love you...." And after that neither him nor I remember what he said because he was so nervous and I was so hysterical. I began crying so hard because I could NOT believe what was happening. In fact, I was crying so hard that Blake, my Dad, and Judy all began shedding a few tears too. I was shaking and so overcome with happiness that I just could not stop crying and shaking. It was most definitely the best moment ever. Now I am beginning to plan the wedding and we have agreed on May 20 and having it at the beach. We have date, city, wedding party, and colors finalized so far. Of course, we have came up with the crazy budget we have set too. Let the wedding planning begin and the best journey of my life begin! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting It Done!

Marriage Is Just Around The Corner