Getting It Done!

      So last night the bridesmaids and I went to David's Bridal in search of bridesmaids' dresses. Needless to say, we had no trouble finding dresses because in a matter of an hour and a half, we got bridesmaids' dresses and also MY DRESS! That's right! I said yes to the dress last night and it was the best feeling to have on the dress that Blake will see me in on our day. I have decided to use Stephanie's veil, my stepsister, and it worked out that that the veil and dress matched perfectly! The dress that I chose was not something that I ever thought I could pull off. My maid of honor picked the dress out and I realized that she knows me way better than I thought. I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I put it on! I would give you all a description of my dress, but I do not want Blake to have the slightest idea of what he is going to see his bride in.
       Something that I realized last night while the bridesmaids and I were taking over the dress shop, being complicated at olive garden, and acting crazy on the way home last night is that I am so happy with the selection of women that will be by my side through all of this. Never once did they have a negative thing to say, or complain about anything, or do anything to make me feel uncomfortable or displeased. I know with them, I don't have to worry about anything. Sam, the MOH, has done a wonderful job with everything so far so kudos to her! I know they all got it under control and I don't have to worry about a thing.
        As far as Blake and I are concerned, we have been getting along fine like always. We have gotten into a few little disagreements about the wedding but that is expected, I think. He has surprised me by expressing that we are going on a date night Friday, but of course where we are going and what we are doing is a surprise (surprises are my favorite!) We got engagement pictures done last week so we are anxious to get our save the dates out this month!
       All we really have left to do for the moment is get attire for the rest of the wedding party, acquire flower girl baskets and a ring bearer pillow, and I need to get his ring. Thanks to Blake's mom and Judy, they have taken the responsibility of throwing us bridal showers! Blake's mom will throw us one in Troy and Judy is going to throw one for us in Birmingham!
        Everything is still rolling along fine. I am so grateful for everyone that has offered to help out and also help me make sure our wedding day is everything we would want it to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage Is Just Around The Corner

We are ENGAGED!